about the chamber foundation
The Washington County Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Inc. is organized for the purposes of encouraging the growth of the community and enhancing the quality of life for all of its citizens and in furtherance of such goals it shall:
- Promote economic growth.
- Improve educational opportunities and civic awareness by the undertaking of studies and research, the conduct of training courses, seminars, lectures, forums, and the establishment of discussion groups.
- Foster economic and social stability through full employment and the maximum use of available human resources.
- Support constructive planning and development and the establishment of community goals.
- Oppose community deterioration, strive to eliminate prejudice and descrimination, and to discourage crime including, but not limited to, juvenile delinquency.
- Recognize the efforts of individuals, businesses and groups to achieve the foregoing aims.